Who doesn’t love cookies? At least I do! It is so nice to have something sweet and crunchy with your afternoon tea, which is healthy and gives you good energy at the same time. I haven’t been using wheat or sugar in my baking for a long time now, and I think making good cookies have been the biggest challenge for me. But with this Banana Cookie recipe, I finally succeeded!
These cookies are gluten free and vegan and without added sugar, and incredibly easy to make – you only have to mix everything in a food processor and that’s it. Enjoy with a cup of nice tea without any guilt Who still thinks that eating healthy is boring?
Healthy Banana Cookies
- 2 tablespoon of goji berries
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- 10 dates
- 2 bananas
- 1 dl (0,3 cup) of coconut flakes
- 1 dl (0,3 cup) of coconut flour
- 1 dl (0,3 cup) protein powder (I used pea protein with chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 dl (0,1 cup) of oat flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of bourbon vanilla
- 1/2 dl (0,1 cup) of crushed hazelnuts
- Hint of stevia
- Around 1/2 dl (0,1 cup) of milk (for example almond or coconut milk)
- For decoration: coconut flakes
Let the dates, goji berries and sunflower seeds to sink in cold water while you peel and cut the bananas. Mix the dry ingredients (except for hazelnuts) together. Then pour away the cold water from the dates, and put everything in a food processor and mix well. At this point, you need to add a little bit of milk. When everything is smooth, steer in the crushed hazelnuts with a spoon. Cover one baking tray with a baking paper, and spread the mixture evenly on it. Put in the oven (170 degrees) for about 30 mins. Cut into small pieces when it has cooled down a bit. Enjoy!