Hi guys! Are you feeling a bit bloated after all that food you ate during Christmas? Don’t worry – just follow this soft January detox and you will get rid of your extra kilos – and start feeling healthy and energetic again!
The purpose of this diet is to clean your body by getting plenty of vitamins and nutrients. You don’t have to starve, but quite the opposite: regular balanced meals are important for the metabolism. This is how it goes:
- Eat plenty of these: all kind of vegetables, especially green leafy veg, 1-2 fruit per day (no more), berries, good healthy carbs and wholegrain in moderation (including quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato), beans, lentils, chickpeas, eggs, 1-2 table spoons of nuts or seeds per day
- Limit these: coffee & alcohol, diary products, refined carbs (e.g. white pasta, white wheat flour)
- Avoid these: sugar and all processed food, red meat
- Don’t leave more than 3-4 hours between the meals!
Base all your meals on vegetables, add some healthy proteins and don’t forget fiber. Vary your vegetables every day, so you will get all vitamins needed. Drink at least 2 liters of water per day and green/herbal tea as mush as you like. Try to avoid all added sugar, red meat and processed food.
An example diet could look like this:
- Breakfast: A big green smoothie and 1-2 boiled eggs. Green smoothie could include for example: baby spinach, celery, avocado, apple, ginger, lemon juice, green powder and water. (1 egg = 6 grams of protein)
- Lunch: A big green salad with boiled vegetables and salmon or tofu. On top 1 table spoon olive oil and seeds. (100 g salmon = 20 g of protein)
- Snack: For example a self made chia-pudding / piece of raw cake / fruit and nuts / banana-avocado mousse / vegetables with hummus (around 5-10 g protein)
- Dinner: Half a plate salad and vegetables, the other half beans / chickpeas or chicken and quinoa. On top one table spoon of seeds and some healthy oil! (100 g chicken = 27 g protein, 100 g chickpeas = 8 g protein)
- Evening snack if needed: warm porridge or banana pancakes + calming tea (10 – 15 g protein)
Note: Aim to get 0.8 – 1.8 grams of protein per your body weight (in kilos) per day. So if you weight 60 kilos and you do only little bit sports, you need a minimum of 0.8 g x 60 kilos = 48 grams of protein per day. The more sports you do, the more protein you need!
You can vary your meals and cook plenty of different kinds of dishes inside these frames – January challenge doesn’t mean a boring challenge!
In the upcoming posts, we will share some more tips of how to combine your diet with exercise and how to make the detox even more effective.
Are you with me???