Our very first BoostCamp Finland took place in Sääksmäki, which is a beautiful countryside village in the South of Finland, around 170 kilometers from Helsinki. During the BoostCamp weekend, we were very lucky with the weather and the sun was shining through the whole 3-day camp. So we were really able to enjoy the stunning surroundings and the fresh nature around us. Our accommodation was an old, cosy cottage style house with kitchen, big living/dining room and 4 separate rooms. We had two cooks helping us in the kitchen and all the delicious food was prepared there – according to the recipes created by Anni.
The BoostCamp weekend started on Friday afternoon at 3 pm when all the 9 participants arrived. We started with a healthy snack partly sponsored by our cooperation partners Foodin and nu3: chia pudding with superfoods on top as well us pumpkin seed bread rolls and some coffee and tea. After the introduction and snack we got busy: first, we did walking test that was part of our Fitness Level Tests, then continued walking up the hill and did some Tabata training there with great views in front of us. The day ended with yoga and dinner.
On Saturday and Sunday our schedule looked like this:
- 7.30: Morning workout with Anni
- 8.15: Breakfast (overnight oats and boiled eggs )
- 9-10: Meditation and talk “Follow Your Dreams” by life coach and ballet dancer Teemu Tainio
- 10-11.30: Walking to the lake + Functional Training by Teemu
- 12: Walking + Yoga with Teemu
- 13.15: Lunch (quinoa goat cheese salad)
- 15: Mobility Training by personal trainer Jaana Tiilikka
- 15.30: Trail Running with Anni & Satu
- 17.15: Walking to the dinner+ sauna destination
- 18: Core training + mediation by Jaana & Satu
- 19: Dinner (smoked salmon, spring potatoes, salad, grilled vegetables)
- 20-> Finnish sauna
- 7.30: Fitness Level Test measurements + morning exercise
- 8.15: Breakfast (millet porridge+ superfoods and seeds on top)
- 9.15: Sports Nutrition lesson by Jaana
- 10.00: Fitness level test part 3
- 11.30: Tabata by Jaana
- 13: Lunch (lentil vegetable soup)
- 14: Walking up and down in the hills
- 15: Asahi by asahi instructor Pirjo Kukkamäki
- 16: Snack + feedback
In between, we had some healthy snacks, like fruits, protein bars + protein smoothies (sponsored by nu3), nuts and other superfoods (sponsored by Foodin) – so nobody needed to be hungry at any time!
A few testimonials from our wonderful camp participants:
“Good concept, tasty intro into a new diet. Nice balance between sport/relaxing, really good value for money. Overall a great first start!”
“Balanced program, beautiful/very warm atmosphere, everything prepared with care, good communication”
“Very well organised, you really wanted us to feel good and enjoy the weekend, good mixture of activities and relaxation, very good food, very good trainers, nice places and good to move and see different places, good atmosphere, nice group of people”
WANT TO JOIN THE NEXT BOOSTCAMP? Send us an email so we will inform you about the next camp! email@example.com. We are looking forward hearing from you!